Monday, December 10, 2012

Finished Plaster Pea Pod Sculpture

The Finished Pea Pod

So I have finished the pea pod...this piece holds such a piece of my heart & soul...  I had intended on writing up a full artist statement for the piece, but in truth; it just brings up so many emotions I don't think I really can and manage to do it justice.

If you're curious, you can read my past blogs on this piece...perhaps a time will come when I'll be able to actually put it all down in words, but that time isn't now.

What I will say is this...Marylou, Pam, Danny & Kevin...this one is for you...I love you






On a side note...the feet were added in a bit of a hurry....I plan to create two much more appropriate feet for this piece.  It has been suggested I submit this piece to the undergrad art show...I hope to follow through with that and hopefully you'll be seeing this piece displayed appropriately in a gallery or perhaps into a collection very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kate...it was another one of those break-through moments...still gets to me...this one was kinda fierce on my heart...

      Delete