Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 66: 365 portraits by Susan Komer "...Andrew Bush Drive"

Day 66: 365 portraits by Susan Komer "...Andrew Bush Drive"

March 7, 2013

Part of my education is all about studying and researching the world of art.  Finding artists new to me who somehow inspire me.  Lately in class we've talked a lot about how a photographer documents the world around them as it is...or by taking the familiar and making it unfamiliar or the reverse.  I really enjoy the idea of documention, of keeping some sort of record of the world and its happenings as I see them or as they are shown to me.  To somehow preserve those moments, especially those new to me; even if it is the random face of a stranger, and giving them a voice of their own.  A photograph surely speaks of the artist, but it also has a voice/story of its own that awakens and speaks for itself...for me, perhaps that is the drive/passion behind my work...  Today's artist of interest to me, Andrew Bush and his photos from his collection called Drive...oh the stories this series can tell...AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment