Saturday, August 8, 2015

Papier-mâché armature process photos by Susan Komer

For those of you who follow my work, you know I'm very interested in sculpting...particularly papier-mâché. Yesterday I finally started one that is to represent myself.  It will end up being a  part of a much larger project, but I've noticed an interest in these sculptures so I thought I'd share something new that I'm trying out as an armature.  I've never done this before and only recently discovered the wonders of it.  I'm going to include a few photos but the process is basically to wrap yourself in tape, cutting it off and reassembling it to create a shell that can be used as is or as an armature for other things.  Its been interesting to say the least.  I'll keep posting as it progresses so stay tuned :)




No comments:

Post a Comment