Sunday, October 7, 2012

My version of an Ingrid Hendrix ceramics sculpture

I know it has been awhile, but I've been half crazy with my transfer to main campus.  This is my latest sculpture...it is a replication with minor modifications for my ceramics class...the original artist is Ingrid Hendrix...as soon as I saw her work I made a connection....LOVE HER!

Below you'll find some process photo's...it isn't complete just yet...but I think it's ready to slip:)


















The original piece is by Ingrid Hendrix...my assignment was to take a piece and replicate yet differ from the original...when I saw her work...WOW...I felt an immediate connection. I have since carved in the feathers...but tomorrow I will add the slip and then fire.  This is my FIRST ceramics piece...hope you all enjoy it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment