Tuesday, May 26, 2015

For the love of rescue pups everywhere

This post is dedicated to rescue pups everywhere, especially these three, whom I personally know.

Several years ago I was searching for a Boston terrier to join my family.  I ran across a puppy mill selling my poor little Dozer who was in really bad health and could no longer breed.  As I wrote a check out to this horrible man & his wife, my husband sat in shock that I was paying for this miserable little dog.  When we left, he asked how I could do that....my answer, how could I not!?!  Dozer has been a wonderful addition to our family and has reaffirmed that there are many wonderful older pups out there who need homes...and that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

My friend Faith has always rescued pups, but Lilac the Great Dane and Ollie, her newest addition, an abused pit bull have really been lucky to find their way to her. Lilac needed room to be Lilac and Ollie just needed love...both have more than enough of everything now and are wonderful loving pups.

So I guess this post is a reminder, if you're thinking that you might like to get yourself a loving companion, PLEASE consider adopting an older dog. No matter the breed, or how old they are, some of the most awesome loyal companions can come from some of the most unlikely places!



No comments:

Post a Comment