Thursday, November 15, 2012

Delivering the avocado sculpture to its new home in President Gee's collection

Delivering the Avocado

to its new home in President Gee's collection.

This was a pretty awesome day for me as an artist, having my first sculpture received into a collection.  I delivered the piece full of nerves and butterflies, and found President Gee to be one of the most amazing and down to earth guys I'd ever met!  The pictures are a bit fuzzy, my hubby admitted to having a horrible case of the shakes himself...so...I guess you could say this was a pretty big day for all of us...one I felt worth sharing with all of you.

Ringing the bell...surprised by the intercom...

President Gee referred to me as his sculptor...that felt pretty AMAZING!

I couldn't help smile at his excitement to finally have this piece.

Careful...careful...not sure why...but I treated that thing like a baby!

Shawn was so nervous...which actually helped me relax!

Setting it up as how I envisioned it...

Feeling a little shell shocked really...just seeing my work there was completely surreal!

A little talk about what I do, and why I do it...never thought I'd have such an opportunity...definitely ranked up there in the top 10 days of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment