Sunday, April 19, 2015

A new mixed media abstract painting by Susan Komer

For this painting I was doing a lot of experimentation with different mediums to see what would happen.  I was playing with glazing, modeling paste, wax, wax paper, newspaper, plastic wrap, packaging bubbles...you name it, I think I tried it.  I'm a very process oriented painter...thinking more about the materials and how I apply them.  Part of the fun for me is in constructing something new.  I did this painting to test out some things and now I'm going to work a new one based on some of what I've learned while doing this one.  The next painting will deal mainly in glazing with paper...I've started it, but only have the base down.  I'll post a progress pic once it gets a little further, but until then, here's the one I finished...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment