Sunday, April 12, 2015

New works by Susan Komer

New works...

It has been a very busy year as I'm finishing up my last year at OSU.  While trying to complete works for class, I've also been trying to build up work for my personal portfolio.  This past year I've done several new and exciting things including building my own pinhole cameras (the one pictured is a papier-mâché pig where the snout is used as the shutter, images shot onto 4x5 sheet film) and a slit cam (featured with a full length 120mm image) which were featured in a show at the beginning of this year called the Great Camera Build Off.  I've also been working on abstract paintings ( the acrylic paintings in red--relating to my own fathers battle with alcoholism) and some new sculptures which just aren't quite ready to share. The first six images were shot in Mount Sterling Ohio as well as at Deer Creek State Park in Ohio and the double image with me sitting between them began as a class project but have become a growing series of work.  Enjoy!












Thanks for stopping by!  I encourage you comment on my work and if you're interested in making a purchase, please contact me via my Facebook link through a private message or Google+.  https://www.facebook.com/1.Sue.z.que




1 comment: