Thursday, May 10, 2012

Upcoming performance piece thoughts....

For our upcoming assignment, we're going to do a performance piece and document through either video or photography.  My mind is still turning over idea's...but I haven't quite nailed down anything solid.

I'm thinking I'd like to express the truth behind how I feel about my 'domestic' duties that have up until recently monopolized my life and after 22 years also created a lot of pent up resentment...especially now that I'm not home to complete these tasks but am still expected to by my family.

Is this my for sure project...totally unsure...usually as things start moving they change...

I may either 'react' on film to these duties, or perhaps dramatize a particular moment on film...though I may end up just document moments with photographs and create a short film from the stills.  This project has so many possibilities, though I do believe I'd most like to make a statement about the domestic rituals of a women that for some, drain the life right out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment