Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23: 365 self-portraits by Susan Komer "true appreciation"

Day 23: 365 self-portraits by Susan Komer "true appreciation"

January 23, 2013

Today is to show my appreciation for the men & women of photography who have gone before me.  While the internet can provide glorious images & multitudes to the masses...there is nothing like seeing an image in person, or in a finely crafted book of works.  I love to lose myself in the works of other artists...to admire, learn and find inspiration.  While shooting and doing the work is of utmost importance...I do believe that studying those who have come before us is also an important factor in learning how to nail a shot, try something new, frame your own vision etc...I spend hours reviewing books on photography and often find myself more than inspired and often learning something new...even if just in the idea or attitude behind the image.  Feels pretty good to relate...its nice to know that some of the thoughts in my head are shared!


No comments:

Post a Comment