Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31: 365 self-portraits by Susan Komer "My little buddy"

Day 31: 365 self-portraits by Susan Komer "My little buddy"

January 31, 2013

"My little buddy"...Dozer is our little rescue pup.  We aren't sure how old he is...his teeth have been so damaged along with everything else, that the vets can't really tell us his age...we're guessing he's about 5 but the gray in his face makes me think he's a bit older.  This little guy was left for dead...tied to a tree and abused to the point his little feet pads looked melted off.  Once rescued, a puppy mill got their hands on him making his situation even worse!  He could not breed because of prior abuse but they sure did try...the little guy was just in awful shape when I responded to the ad to 'adopt a rescue' when in truth...they just wanted their money back!  My husband sat in shock as I wrote the check to buy this miserable looking little guy...he couldn't believe I'd pay money for an animal that looked half gone already.  But in my mind...I just couldn't leave him there...NO WAY!  I wrote the check without thinking twice and got him to the vet ASAP...we've had him now for just over 2 years and he's the best little buddy ever! I love puppies as much as the next guy/gal...but there are pups out there like Dozer, who didn't even have a name when we found him...but he has been so loving, so attached & committed to every member of my family and friendly to every person he meets...he didn't deserve that awful start to life...and we've done our best to help him forget...or at least to know that life can be good and he does deserve all the kisses and cuddles in the world!
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you rescued this poor little dog. He now receives all the love he should have had from the beginning! Beautiful photo of you and Dozer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He gives us just as much love if not more...he's an awesome pup :)

    ReplyDelete