Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30: 365 self-portraits by Susan Komer "book-making"

Day 30: 365 self-portraits by Susan Komer "book-making"

January 30, 2013

Many of you know I'm a student at Ohio State University, and this semester is flat out loaded!  Book-making is a required course in which we are learning to make art books.  Today I was working on a hardcover pamphlet...which these seem simple enough to do, until you sit down and seek perfection in your edging and board covers.  That's when you realize how exact everything must be to truly achieve a quality piece...today was my first try at board covering, though it was not a complete success; I did find what I need to do differently...so I've learned from my mistakes.  I need to have four different types done, two of which I have successfully completed; but I will be giving this another try!

No comments:

Post a Comment